Ms. Phairin Piewtongon
Name: Miss Phairin Piewtongon
Office address: Research Laboratory of Translational Research Unit, Chulabhorn Research Institute, 54 Kamphaeng Phet 6 Talat Bang Khen, Lak Si, Bangkok 10210, Thailand
Tel: +662-5541900 ext. 2821 (office), +6683-8121265 (mobile)
Position: Research Assistant, Research Laboratory of Translation Research Unit, Chulabhorn Research Institute
E-mail: [email protected]
- Research and development of biologics.
- Downstream processing in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Chromatographic systems for downstream processing.
Education and Degrees
- Bachelor’s degree of Biological Science, Kasetsart University, 2010
- Protein purification part responsible for downstream process development in R&D scale, resin screening, design of experiments (DoE), optimization, robustness, etc.
- Responsible for development, documentation, scale-up, process development and transfer of processes to production.
- Control and optimization of the production processes of purification and isolation of the monoclonal antibody, process technologies and products in the DSP (downstream processing) department at pilot scale. Work with chromatographic systems, perform filtrations, final concentration of the product, implementation of the process of filling of the active substance, participation in the optimization of production processes, packing of chromatographic columns etc.
- Laboratory/Research Skills
- FPLC (Fast Protein Liquid Chromatography)
- Tangential flow filtration (TFF)
- HPLC (High-performance liquid chromatography)
- High Pressure Ion Chromatography (HPIC)
- Molecular Biology Technique
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
- Sallabhan R, Kerdwong J, Dubbs J, Somsongkul K, Whangsuk W, Piewtongon P, Mongkolsuk S, Loprasert S*. The hdhA gene encodes a haloacid dehalogenase that is regulated by the LysR-type regulator, HdhR, in Sinorhizobium meliloti. Mol Biotechnol. 2013;54(2):148-57.