Dr. Charlermchai Artpradit
Name: Dr. Charlermchai Artpradit
Office address: Research Laboratory of Translational Research Unit, Chulabhorn Research Institute,
54 Kamphaeng Phet 6 Talat Bang Khen, Lak Si, Bangkok 10210, Thailand
Tel: +662-5538555 (office), +6683-6198686 (mobile)
Position: Research Scientist I, Research Laboratory of Translational Research Unit, Chulabhorn Research Institute
E-mail: [email protected]
- Biologics drug discovery: Design and screen for lead compound using as a therapeutic drug or vaccine development using bacterial, insect-baculovirus expression system and mammalian expression system (HEK- 293 and CHO cell).
- Cell line and process development: Performed cell line development for leads candidate of biosimilars as well as new biologics especially for monoclonal antibody. Small scale process optimization using both conventional cell culture as well high throughput robotic screening. During the optimization both single-use technology as well as conventional re-use system were utilized. Process scale-up for fed-batch and perfusion process using stirred-tank bioreactor as well as rocking bioreactor.
- Drug quality control: Set up and optimization for biologics characterization including ELISA for quantitation and binding assay, cell-based assay, CEX-HPLC, SEC-HPLC for impurity determination as well as for quantitation, titer measurement using Octet, Western-blot, transmission electron microscope, MALDI-TOF etc.
- Virology work: Propagate virus under BSL-2 condition and perform related testing using virus as a test system for biologics efficacy or production inoculum.
- Process development and process scale-up: Set-up and optimization for process scale-up from shaker flask to bench scale bioreactor (using single-use and multi-use bioreactor) up to 50L pilot scale and production scale. In addition, automated bioreactor as well as high throughput for design space and quality by design during condition optimization.
Education and Degrees
- B.Sc. Biotechnology, Mahidol University, 2007
- Ph.D. Applied Biological Science (Environmental Health), Chulabhorn Graduate Institute, 2013
ORCID iD: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8606-9460
A. Research Articles in International Journals
- Artpradit C, Robinson L, Gavrilov B, Rurak T, Ruchirawat M, Sasisekharan R. Recognition of heparan sulfate by clinical strains of dengue virus serotype 1 using recombinant subviral particles. 2013 Virus research. 176. 10.1016/j.virusres.2013.04.017.
- Robinson L, Artpradit C, Raman R, Shriver Z, Ruchirawat M, Sasisekharan R. Harnessing glycomics technologies: Integrating structure with function for glycan characterization. 2012 Electrophoresis. 33. 797-814. 10.1002/elps.201100231.
- Tit-Oon P, Tharakaraman K, Artpradit C, Godavarthi A, Sungkeeree P, Sasisekharan V, Kerdwong J, Miller NL, Mahajan B, Khongmanee A, Ruchirawat M, Sasisekharan R, Fuangthong M. Prediction of Portrait the binding interface between monoclonal antibody m102.4 and Nipah attachment glycoprotein using structure-guided alanine scanning and computational docking. Sci Rep. 2020 Oct 26;10(1):18256. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020-75056-y. PMID: 33106487; PMCID: PMC7588459.
- Suriyo T, Fuangthong M, Artpradit C, Ungtrakul T, Sricharunrat T, Taha F, Satayavivad J. Inhibition of T-cell-mediated immune response via the PD-1/ PD-L1 axis in cholangiocarcinoma cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2021 Apr 15;897:173960. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2021.173960. Epub 2021 Feb 19. PMID: 33617828.